If you’re upgrading your Mass Airflow sensor to accommodate a larger turbo you need a solution for more airflow and isolating the air filter from the heat of the engine. Snabb developed exactly that solution: A lightweight and durable powder-coated heatshield designed to block heat and allow for optimal flow into the turbo intake pipe and an all aluminum 4″ Mass Air Flow Sensor Housing. (Your OEM Mass Air Flow Sensor needs to be removed from the OEM housing and installed into the 4″ housing) Also included in the kit is a 900cfm dry flow airfilter more than sufficient to filter all of the air that is being consumed by your upgraded turbo.
This kit does NOT connect to the stock intake pipe. This kit was designed to be used with large turbos and large MAF’s so the orientation is altered to fit in the engine bay. You will need a Snabb intake pipe to install this kit.
- Select the option “I need an intake pipe” if you are buying this kit but don’t already have an intake pipe
- Select the option “Modify my Snabb Intake” if you already have a Snabb intake. The “modify my Snabb intake” option comes with a new upper coupler specially designed for this heat shield that bolts to the lower section of the Snabb intake pipe.
Mounting hardware is included.
Again please note that this kit will not work with the stock plastic intake pipe.
- Hardware to mount the Turbo Control Valve. (Configurable for either MAC Valve or Pierburg valve.)
- 4″ polished aluminum MAF housing with mounting bosses.
- Heat shield and hardware.
- High Flow 900CFM AEM Dryflow Air Filter
- Your OEM MAF Sensor must be reused