Are you looking to looking to deck out your ride and get some heads turning? Well look no further, the KT4 CHEVROLET Malibu Mk8 12~18 Big Brake Kit is the answer to your problems!
- Fully customizable and built to order for the street or the track!
- Experience increased pedal feel and stopping power
- Brake Kit Bolts on directly and we guarantee customer satisfaction
- Stop in shorter distances with less brake dust, wear/tear and heat!
- Compatible with OEM ABS, traction control, master cylinder and designed to keep original balances/biases from factory settings
- We only use the highest quality parts and materials. All top quality non-recycled alloys sourced from the United Kingdom, Japan and Taiwan with ISO9001:2008 quality control
- 3-year warranty for internal parts under correct usage and not caused by human factors or external factors such car accident, car crash … etc
Please make sure that you select a brake kit size that is the same or greater than factory size for the rotor diameter. If you want to go with smaller brakes to save weight on the race track or some other unique reason, please reach out to our expert team to help find the right size for your application.
KT4 CHEVROLET Malibu Mk8 12~18 Big Brake Kit Overview
BRAKE KIT INCLUDES:
- All necessary mounting hardware for direct bolt-on install
- 2-pcs floating rotors with alloy hats (full-floating rotors available)
- Direct bolt-on caliper mounting brackets and bolts
- High performance radial mount calipers (Forged Aluminum Construction)
- Brake pads (Can also be purchased from other brands)
- Teflon/stainless steel DOT/ADR compliant brake lines (Made in UK)
- Customized rotor hat with anodized color application
- 2-piece floating rotors with aluminum alloy rotor hat
- Rotor ring in FC30 cast iron with anti-corrosion coating
- Rotors come Drilled / Slotted / Drilled and Slotted Style 1 / Drilled and Slotted Style 2 (We advise drilled for street and slotted only for track and race applications)
- Large curved vanes for optimum cooling and overheating prevention
- Fully balanced from the factory
- Full-floating rotors use floating hardware with an anti-rattle system (removable and rebuildable). It provides a lower tendency to warp, less drag, and wear as the rotor ring centers itself with the pads. Available for 330mm rotors and bigger only. The semi-floating rotor uses standard bolts instead and the rotor is fixed on the hat
- New carbon steel Brake caliper adapter for direct bolt-on installation guaranteed
- Teflon and stainless-steel brake lines DOT/ADR approved with banjo bolt. Brake lines hoses are direct fit and manufactured in the UK
- Forged Aerospace Grade Aluminum 2-piece calipers
- Radially mounted design for less stress and flex when heated
- High-quality stainless steel brake fluid bleed screw
- Dual seals with high temperature resistant oil ring and dust scrappers
- Caliper pistons are offered with stainless steel or with an anti-corrosion coating.
- CNC machined KT4 logo
- Anti-corrosion coating + custom color finish: “anodized” Aluminum
- Our Brake Lines are braided stainless steel brake lines. Inside the flexible hoses is Teflon material‚ which improves brake system effectiveness and longevity.
PARKING BRAKE SYSTEM:
- Depending on your application, we can provide the following parking brake systems. They are designed to be 100% compatible with the OEM design
- Our innovative parking brake device is designed to be a direct fit for your OEM factory parking brake connection for easy install.
- If you are interested in a hydraulic hand brake install for racing or drifting applications, please contact us and we can verify availability of parts.
- 3-year warranty for internal parts under correct usage and not caused by human factors or external factors such car accident, car crash … etc.
ROTORS, WHEEL SIZES, AND COMBINATIONS
We encourage you to follow the guidance below to determine which size rotors will work best for you. The guidance below work for the majority of wheels since the diameter of the big brake kit will fit in the inner part of the wheels. There may be some instances where you will need wheel spacers for your big brake kit to fit properly due to special designs on some wheels and the brake kit size that you choose. If you need help figuring out whether or not you will need wheel spacers for your project before placing an order, you can email us at Info@kt4performance.com with your car model, year, and wheel size, and we will work with you to verify the correct brake kit size for your unique application and goals.
Wheel sizes vs best rotor size application:
- 16″ wheel: 304mm
- 17″ wheel: 330mm
- 18″ wheel: 356mm
- 19″ wheel: 380mm
- 20″ wheel: 405mm
We guarantee that your KT4 Big Brake Kit will fit your car/truck direct bolt-on given that your vehicle information (car make, model, trim, year and other necessary information) is true and accurate. We are not responsible if you have any fitment or clearance issues with the wheels. It is possible for clearance/fitment issues to arise when installing big brakes. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure correct wheel fitment as all vehicle wheel applications are unique and different.
We encourage you to reach out to us or your local parts dealer for help determining what size brake kit will work best with your current wheel set up. If you get a size that is too large you may have to install wheel spacers as well. Please check with us or a parts dealer to make sure the size you want will be a perfect fit without spacers. If you do need spacers, we can supply those as well for certain applications or try to point you in the right direction if you need to order them.
- If you need new brake pads, you can also use brake pads from other brands. Porsche, Brembo, Wilwood, Hawk, PAGID, Ferodo, and Mintex are just a few of the brands you can source new brake pads from. We also offer brake pad replacements, but if you prefer another brand for brake pads, we can provide the part numbers for your reference.
BRAKE PAD OPTIONS:
If you want an extra set of brake pads with your order, please send us a message. You can always place an order though the website (kt4performance.com) for a new set or you can request an extra set through your local parts dealer. You can see the information on the brake pads that we have available below.
- Street Performance Brake Pads
Our street performance pads are great for day-to-day use. You can enjoy low brake dust, little to no noise and fantastic stopping power when it’s hot or cold!
These pads are designed with you in mind. The goal was to provide strong brake friction without sacrificing longevity and durability.
Optimal temperature range: 0~450°C
Coefficient of friction: 0.32~0.40
- Sport Performance Brake Pads
Our sport performance pads are great for those who will still daily their car but want to have a little extra fun. You can enjoy low brake dust, little to no noise and fantastic stopping power when it’s hot or cold!
These pads are designed with you in mind. The goal was to provide a high-performance racing feel without sacrificing longevity and durability.
Optimal temperature range: 0~550°C
Maximum temperature: ~600°C
Coefficient of friction: 0.40~0.45
- Racing Performance Brake Pads
FOR RACING AND TRACK USE ONLY!
These brake pads will provide you with the highest level of stopping power and braking performance, but be advised, these pads generate a lot of brake dust, they can be very noisy and due to their high performance design and composition, they can wear down rotors much faster than regular pads.
However, they are a must for a race car or track day providing a consistent and predictable strong braking and longevity at high temperatures. Feel free to request two sets of pads if you want a set for street and a set for race for your weekend warrior.
Optimal temperature range: 80~700°C
Coefficient of friction: 0.40~0.52
When will I get my KT4 CHEVROLET Malibu Mk8 12~18 Big Brake Kit ?
- Manufacturing takes around 20~30 business days depending on your specs and availability. Shipping is 3 to 4 business days worldwide via UPS or DHL.
- If we are designing a new brake kit for you from the ground up, please give us an additional 6-10 business days to design the kit and for testing operations.