BorgWarner EFR 6258 Turbo (179150)
In Stock Now!
The EFR 6258 is the smallest and fastest spooling EFR turbocharger in the lineup. Ideal for small engines in single OR twin turbo configuration, this is an excellent turbocharger for autocross, rally, drift, road racing and street driven applications.
The 62mm OD compressor has a 49.6mm inducer rated at 44lb/min max flow – supporting up to 440hp. This compressor wheel is versatile with very large map width for outstanding power potential, even at high boost. The low inertia 58mm Gamma-Ti turbine wheel is optimally matched for maximum response and fast spool with the FMW compressor wheel. EFR 6258 uses the smallest-sized EFR compressor housing, making fitment in the tightest engine bays possible. Ideal for use in single turbo applications for the 260-440hp range, or as twin turbo applications 400-700+hp. Ceramic Ball Bearing only, watercooling recommended.
- Compressor Type: Forged-Milled Wheel (FMW) Extended Tip
- Compressor Wheel OD (exducer): 62mm
- Compressor Wheel Inducer: 49.6mm
- Max Flow Rate: 44 lb/min
- Built-in BOV: All EFR compressor housings incorporate an integrated BOV.
- Compressor Housing: 2.5″ inlet, 2.0″ hose coupler outlet.
- Turbine type: Low Inertia Gamma-Ti Turbine Wheel
- Turbine Wheel OD: 58mm (recommended) OR 55mm
- Stainless Steel Sand Cast Housing
- 0.64 A/R T2 Housing(Internal WG)- Part # 179150
- Turbine outlet: GT-Vband (aka small 3″ vband) ~92mm OD for all EFR turbos
- Dual Row Ceramic Ball Bearings – lowest friction and fastest spool/response, most extreme durability, built-in 2mm oil restrictor
- Watercooled Center Section – watercooling is recommended, 14mm banjo bolts
- Double seals on both turbine and compressor end for extreme durability and resistance to any oil seepage
- Boost Control Solenoid Valve Integrated to Compressor Housing
- Integrated Speed Sensor mounting provisions
- Optional Turbo Speed Sensor Kit
- Optional Turbo Speed Gauge